Tsum Valley Trek
Tsum valley trek is the secret Buddist pilgrim valley in Nepal. Tsum words came from Tibetan “Tsomboo” is significant vivid traditionally. Tsum valley map is the geographical and culturally distinct. The area called the ‘Tsum’ Tso chuksum’. It means the thirteen provinces ruled as a single territory. Tsum valley Teahouse trek is famous nowadays. And available camping site for Tsum Camping trek. Majestic backdrop of Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal, Mansiri and Buddha Himal are best served. The ancient Manaslu Valley Trek regards their distinct Tibetan art, culture, and religion to us. Trails are strewn with artistic ancient Chortens, Kannis (250m) longest Mani walls, prayers wheels along Prayers Flags (lungta). The thousands of stone slabs carved withdrawing of deities and inscribed prayers flags. Every village has Monasteries’ and rock cliff caves. These are the best attributing of God for Tsum valley Nepal.
Tsum valley trek, the famous Kyimo Lung knows a center of peace for pilgrimages. As for its centers of learning and meditation for Buddism. According to local Lama, the place was found in the search for ‘Peace and Prosperity’. They have been delight by positive vibe. The history reveals that a group of Nomads called TAMBA SETTO migrated in search of Peace from Bichour Lamjung. Phaujyas of Tibetian were joined. With the influx came and practices Tibetan Buddism in Tsum Valley trek. Since it has long establishment history related to Buddhism in center of the Trans-Himalayan area. Whereas people believed in the 7th century Buddist Saint Milarepa meditated in Piren Phu Caves near the village of Burji.
The Hidden valley Secret Tsum valley trek itinerary has more than 50 Monasteries. Including bigger to smaller though there are major monasteries and meditation cave. The Rachen (Nunnery) Gumba, Mu Gumba (Monk), Dephyundonma (Nunnery) Gumba, Gumba lundang(Nunnery), Pi Ren Phu cave. Tsum valley trekking has 72 Chortens, 50 mini Chortens, and more than 23 Kannis. The Tsum valley is widely rich in wildlife, flora, and fauna. Especially Tsum valley has species of mammals, Blue sheep Himalayan Thar, Ghoral. The elusive snow leopard and 50 species of medical plants; Jatamasi, yarcha, Jimmu much more. There are few lakes in the Tsum Valley map with the potential to attract tourists like Khungyu Lake, Yamdro Lake.
A unique Tsum valley trek attributes its monasteries with not permitted to sacrifice (No Hunting Zone). The Nyingma, Kagyu and Sakya sects of Tibetan Buddhism reserve remote Himalayan Valleys as Beyal; Tsum valley trek has lots of cultures that carry up the religious value that no longer remains in Tibet culture. They believed in the reincarnations of Lama and worship Gautam Buddha, Guru Padmasambhava, Guru Rinpoche and some Bodhisattvas.
Tsum valley weather varies widely from winter October to March drop below freezing and snowfall. But clear sky during October to December and April to June. However in summer are 22 c to 34 c comfortable enough for works. In rest session of June and September will monsoon falls. Our Tsum valley trek cost and Manaslu itinerary are different on a basis of personal choice. carefully We design Tsum valley trek on the basis of Manaslu trek difficulty and Tsum valley map. Manaslu circuit trek and Tsum valley permit are not allowed for each person.
Submit your review
we have book our Tsum valley trekking from exploring Manaslu team we have hired guide Subash. he is well known full and funny enough for our trek. he take care us and help us to fix all our problem during trekking. most of the trail we had home stay experience, subash himself cook and feed us. we always grateful for the help. first time Being restricted zone Tsum Valley Trekking I have to hook up some mate from Lonely Planet to fell easy traveling in Nepal. The most of the people of Manaslu region are of Tibetan Origin that is why we choose it for our 2nd time Nepal trekking. we had a bad experience in Annapurna base camp three years before due to the caravan of travel. but Tsum Valley is much more beautiful and silent for trekkers. I especially love this trek and doing meditation near monastery. wild valley, spectacular view and innocent people of tsum Valley are the best part of trekking. when we feel tired our guide inspire us by saying story of trekking porter experiences and all. which nothing against our trek. he is true a man who lead trekking inspire you to get sucess the Nepal dream. Thankyou subass and Explore manaslu team
A good and beautiful place. We did Tsum valley 13 days trekking and our guide Suk makes us it was memorable. He did his job by well organizing every homestay and hotel was well neat & clean and even himself and Porter prepare to cook clean food most of Upper Tsum valley areas. Explore manaslu did an excellent job of taking care of us on our trek from start to until finish. Our guide, Suk from Thumi, he organized first night stay in his home with cultural programs. He always made sure that we were going at the proper pace and water while we were up to 2500m, suggest to have enough food, and always smiling. From start to finish, I couldn't have asked for a better experience, they seem innocent, no pressure and always willing to help us. I imagine that we can't be like that if we were in their situation. Highly recommend Uttam team and would use them again in a heart-beat. Though some of our team members can't beat High Mountain and he organized Heli to rescue. We did not make Gumba lungdang but we are happy enough for that we had great ceremony Puja at Mu Gumba which was mind blowing. We had a lama and he helps us to he tech us a great meditation idea that morning which is awesome. we are happy that we had all native Gude and Porter team for trekking.
Day to Day Itinerary
From Kathmandu, it is possible to hire a jeep to transport to Sothi Khola or Arkhet. We will arrange according to you.
Day 1: Kathmandu to Arkhet or Sotikhola
Day 2: Arkhet to Machhe Khola 869m; 5 hours trek, it is depending on clients whether you take a jeep to Soti Khola)
Day 3: Machha Khola to Jagat 1340m; 6 hours trek
Day 4: Jagat to Lopka 2240m; 6 hours trek
Day 5: lopka to Chumling 2386m; 4ours trek
Day 6: Chumling to Chekamar 3031m; 5 hours trek
Day 7: Chekampar to Nile 3361m; 5 hours trek
Day 8: Nile to Mu gumba 3709m; 3 hours trek
Day 9: Mu gumba to Chekampar 3031m; 6 hours trek
Day 10: Chekampar to Gumba Lungdung 3200m 6 hours trek
Day 11: Gumba lundung to Ripchet 2470m 4 hours trek
Day 12: Rupchet to philim 1570m 6 hours trek
Day 13: Philim to khorlabesi 970m6 hours trek
Day 14: Khorlabesi to Arkhet Bazar 620m trek
Day 15: Jeep/Bus to Kathmandu 7 hours trek
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel stays in Kathmandu on B/B Plan
- Full Board Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during trekking period
- Local Guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountains
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- A government license holder guide
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation and local tax for guides and porters
- Ground Transportation Charge while returning back to Kathmandu from the trekking destination
- All necessary staff with experienced leader (guide), and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits (ACAP, special permit for Manaslu/Nar Phu)
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Travel and rescue arrangements but prices
- All government taxes, VAT and service charges
- Farewell dinner prior to departure
- First Aid Kit
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for Trekking Staffs
- Any kind of Drinks and Liquors
- Personal shopping and laundry, Personal trekking equipments, Gifts and souvenirs
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips for activates and sightseeing if extended
- All items not listed in Cost included section
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Notes: Costs may prone to change in itinerary. So costs will be recalculated if the trekking/tours days get modified.
About Accommodations/Meals: All Meals on full board basis will be served during Manaslu / Narpu Valley trekking. During trekking; three meals a day will be served according to the tea house/lodge/ homestay menus. Everyday's dinner and breakfast are taken in the same place that we stay the night. Lunch will be taken in a tea shop on the way. Please know that the Manaslu region does not have a well-established tourist infrastructure as like as Annapurna or Everest region (and this is the main beauty of this region). I.e. variety of foods will not be available or possible on menu. We mainly eat Tibetan bread, dal bhat, tsampa porridge, fried potato, and other simple local organic foods.
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sun protection cream
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- Pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- Sleeping bags and Fleece sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Leaps care and moisturizer
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Water bottles
- Trekking pole
- Trekking shoes
- Thick and thin both type of socks
- Warm clothes
- Tissue, Toilet papers and Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Large plastic bags – to keep items dry inside the bag
- Towel etc…..
- Small Mats
- Travel games like Chess, Playing card etc.