Tsum valley and Manaslu circuit trek
The Manaslu valley Trek is a classic trek in Nepal. The restricted hidden valley Mu and Nubri are the well known secret land of Buddhism in a world being a Kyimo Lung pilgrims places for rest of the world. Tsum valley and Manaslu circuit trek open since 2008 for travelers. it’s Cultural and Religious and Breathtaking Natural beauty attached thousands of mountain lovers. Tsum valley trek is more remote, secret then Nubri valley though naturally, both contain the mesmerizing view of Mountains.
Nubri valley is blessed with beautiful mountains and lakes as well as dashing landscape and scenario of mountains. Buddhist Guru Rinpoche has described as the land of Kyimolung in the Terma treasures, which significance a great Meditation place. The people who live in Tsum Valley and Manaslu circuit trek areas are thus superior and excellent individuals, have gathered the accumulations in the past. Otherwise, they would not be able to be born here, as it says in Treasures.The Terma mentions the glacier Tashi Palsang, and there are resources that are beneficial for the entire world. If the teachings of Buddhism thrive here, this will bring happiness to rest of world. Mount Pungnyn in Upper Nubri, as the Buddha said in the scriptures, is no different from Mount Kailash of Tibet.
Tsum valley and Manaslu circuit trek prophesied by Buddha, Guru Rinpoche, Saint Milarepa, King of Tibet and many other lamas’s. Manaslu Valley has distinct Tibetan Culture, Arts, and lifestyle due to their proximity, trade, transhumance and cultural ties with Tsumba. In March 1959 Tibet Spiritual and political leader Dalai Lama embarked on a dangerous journey by crossing through Manaslu valley.
Each year more guesthouses are building in Tsum valley and Manaslu circuit trek. Exploring Tsum Valley still consider quite hard in terms of limited Lodges in Chumling, Ripchet and Mu gumba. Inside Gumba Lung Dang and Sarang Gumba in Nubri valley trekkers used to stay in Gumba with their sleeping bags and eat meals at Gumba with Nuns and Monk. Staying in Gumba, participates in their Mind blowing PUJA and Mediation in front of Mt, HImalGanesh, Mt, Manaslu, Mt Sringi, would be a great lifetime achievement for everyone.
The Tsum valley and Manaslu circuit trek, and the track are outstanding in natural beauty. At the last night, you can have a taste of Annapurna Circuit.
Submit your review
Last season i had done this trek with EM team. Really it was very enjoyed and wonderful. Tsum valley is not so crowded like in Annapurna and Everest. and I spend a nearly couple of week. I really enjoy with Tibetan culture and many Gompa and I really like MU- GOMPA located at 3700m in Tsum Valley and it's the highest and most northerly permanent human settlement in the Tsum valley. Established in 1895.From Tsum we can do larky la pass and Annapurna circuit (Throng La pass) if you want longer way, I am hoping will do another trek with this company another year for Everest trekking.
Thank you Explore Manaslu for organizing this 21 days trip to Manaslu and Tsum valley the valley of Buddist the "trip of a lifetime". Everything from EM team said they would be done to perfection. Their staff was nothing short of amazing duo especially Mr. Perfect guide Suman Lama. Our guide and porters were the "best". I watched guides from other companies and I asked my guide that, can that fat guy pass larkyla he just smile. The accommodations and meals in the tea houses were way beyond our expectations because we had heard that Manaslu circuit trek has the basic tea house in many blogs but not true. Our meals and hotels in Kathmandu provided by EM team were fabulous. The trek to Tsum and Manaslu circuit was full of uniqueness. All I could have ever hoped for and more than this. Really great to choose this trek now Silent no crowd. The guide explains that how others area is getting a bad experience, but I think Manaslu will be more crowd sooner but hope not.Everything about our trip exceeded my expectations. I loved Nepal and the friendly people. We have made another concept for Kanchenjunga our Guide Suman suggests us. I am definitely going back and I am definitely going with EM team.Peter Collins team
Amazing experience of the geographical surrounding, Tibetan culture, and remote artistic village are a great fact of Attached you Manaslu Circuit Trekking. we did it last year with our Guide Uttam. the fantastic natural creation makes you back there. Mr. funny was always with and take care of ours. we gain knowledge from our guide about religion and people. we start our trek staying our guide family home at Arkhet bazaar. which would be first our Nepail family dinner we loved it. we successfully did 22 days larklya pass trekking and tsum valley, both places are awesome and people are friendly .Manaslu is quite touristic than Tsum valley and much more developed. We did not try gumba lundung because of it quite difficult instead of that we did Rupchet village and we are thankful for Explore Manaslu team. we will sure back again!! Two Australian
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Soti khola to Machhe Khola 869m; [3,181 feet] 6 hours trekking, it is depending on wherever you take a jeep to Sothi Khola)
Day 2: Machha Khola to Jagat 1340m; [4,438feet] 6 hours trekking
Day 3: Jagat to Lopka 2240m [7000 feet] 6 hours trekking
Day 4: Lopka to Chumling 2386m [7850 feet] 4ours trekking
Day 5: Chumling to Chekamar 3031m [9750 feet] 5 hours trekking
Day 6: Chekampar to Nile 3361m [11050 feet] 5 hours trekking
Day 7: Nile to Mu gumba 3709m [12250 feet] 3 hours trekking
Day 8: Mu gumba to Chekampar 3031m [9750 feet] 6 hours trekking
Day 9: Chekampar to Gumba Lungdung 3200m [10750 feet] 6 hours trekking
Day 10: Gumba lundung to Ripchet 2470m [8000 feet] 4 hours trekking
Day 11: Ripchet to Deng 1800m [6101 feet] 6 hours trekking
Day 12: Deng to Ghap 2160m [7085 feet] 6 hours trekking
Day 13: Ghap to Lho 3180m [10,171 feet] 6 hours trekking
Day 14: Lho to Samagaon 3520m [11,483 feet] 4 hours trekking
Day 15: Acclimatization day in Sama (Here you may explore Pungen Gumba; 5 hours or Manslu Base camp 6 hours hiking)
Day 16: Samagaon to Samdo 3850m [12,467 feet] 4 hours trekking
Day 17: Samdo to Dharmasala 4460m [14,633 feet] 4 hours trekking (limited available lodges)
Day 18: Dharamsala to Bhimtang 3590m [11775 feet](Need to wake up early for Larkya 5160m pass and descend down until reach Bimtang) [12,139 feet]; 10 hours trekking
Day 19: Bimtang to Tilje 2300m [7,290 feet]; 6 hours trekking
Day 20: Tilje to Chamche [4,665 feet]; 6 hours trekking
Note: Here is also possible to hire jeep transport to Besisahar or you may continue Annapurna circuit Trekking or Nar Phu valley Trekking another unspoiled Valley; Longer itineraries available on your interest.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel stays in Kathmandu on B/B Plan
- Full Board Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during trekking period
- Local Guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountains
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- A government license holder guide
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation and local tax for guides and porters
- Ground Transportation Charge while returning back to Kathmandu from the trekking destination
- All necessary staff with experienced leader (guide), and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits (ACAP, special permit for Manaslu/Nar Phu)
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Travel and rescue arrangements but prices
- All government taxes, VAT and service charges
- Farewell dinner prior to departure
- First Aid Kit
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for Trekking Staffs
- Any kind of Drinks and Liquors
- Personal shopping and laundry, Personal trekking equipments, Gifts and souvenirs
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips for activates and sightseeing if extended
- All items not listed in Cost included section
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Notes: Costs may prone to change in itinerary. So costs will be recalculated if the trekking/tours days get modified.
About Accommodations/Meals: All Meals on full board basis will be served during Manaslu / Narpu Valley trekking. During trekking; three meals a day will be served according to the tea house/lodge/ homestay menus. Everyday's dinner and breakfast are taken in the same place that we stay the night. Lunch will be taken in a tea shop on the way. Please know that the Manaslu region does not have a well-established tourist infrastructure as like as Annapurna or Everest region (and this is the main beauty of this region). I.e. variety of foods will not be available or possible on menu. We mainly eat Tibetan bread, dal bhat, tsampa porridge, fried potato, and other simple local organic foods.
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sun protection cream
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- Pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- Sleeping bags and Fleece sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Leaps care and moisturizer
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Water bottles
- Trekking pole
- Trekking shoes
- Thick and thin both type of socks
- Warm clothes
- Tissue, Toilet papers and Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Large plastic bags – to keep items dry inside the bag
- Towel etc…..
- Small Mats
- Travel games like Chess, Playing card etc.