Medical Trekking in Nepal is a unique way to explore Nepal and meet and help local people. After divesting earthquake (2015) has destroyed all most health camp and houses of Gorkha region, as a native we are still suffering from lack of good Medicare. Due to this who are having a trouble with some diseases and as well as disable by the cause of several factors. Medical trekking in Manaslu is itself an amazing, and best idea to help mountain people in your leisure time. Explore Manaslu arranges all kind of Medical research, health camp, into all rural part of Manaslu. Midway through the Medical Trekking or having extra time as per necessity, explore Manaslu establishes a medical or dental camp for about a days. During the camp, trekkers treat villagers from the surrounding areas with the assistance of our local staff.
Treks have typically taken place in two regions of Manaslu where we are originally has been active. The Manaslu region features remote villages and opportunities to see the beautiful mountains of the Ganesh, Langtang and Manaslu Himal. We will organize special treks focusing on particular medical needs. Examples have included dental and eye camp, dental camp with the cooperation of local guide and social worker. If you are interested as Volunteers group it’s also possible in cooperation of exploring Manaslu.
If you are interested in medical trekking please, email us for including sample itineraries and an application. Medical trekking in Nepal is Himalayan adventure holiday trip for volunteer travelers in order to see rural, traditional, cultural sites of remote villages and ethnic people and their daily lifestyle of Manaslu region. This is the main motto of our medical trekking concepts. For such kinds of medical trekking tours, you should prepare physically and mentally well.
We do organize Guesthouse, Homestay, camping basic Medical trekking in mountains likewise; we can stay overnights in the village where there is available only local houses. According to your suggestion and idea, we could also organize tented accommodation during the trekking and hiking days.
Medical treks & Establishing rural health camps
In some of the more remote and rural areas of Manaslu, without normal medical care, people can die from even basic ailments. Tsum valley and Nubri valley people have to chatter Heli for normal sickness as in such condition scheduled visiting by first aid trained volunteers and providing medicine and helping medical background can be a vital role in providing the basic care needed for local people. Medical Trekking is for those are unable to see a professional doctor or visit a hospital or clinic at all.
However, if you have any questions regarding all above itinerary or whatever, do not hesitate to write us.
Note: This Medical Trekking can arrange personal interest in all part of Manaslu region. We operate homestay and local lodge trek and do only operate trek in co-operation with local guide and porter for this programs.
Submit your review
Day to Day Itinerary
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel stays in Kathmandu on B/B Plan
- Full Board Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during trekking period
- Local Guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountains
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- A government license holder guide
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation and local tax for guides and porters
- Ground Transportation Charge while returning back to Kathmandu from the trekking destination
- All necessary staff with experienced leader (guide), and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits (ACAP, special permit for Manaslu/Nar Phu)
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Travel and rescue arrangements but prices
- All government taxes, VAT and service charges
- Farewell dinner prior to departure
- First Aid Kit
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for Trekking Staffs
- Any kind of Drinks and Liquors
- Personal shopping and laundry, Personal trekking equipments, Gifts and souvenirs
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips for activates and sightseeing if extended
- All items not listed in Cost included section
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Notes: Costs may prone to change in itinerary. So costs will be recalculated if the trekking/tours days get modified.
About Accommodations/Meals: All Meals on full board basis will be served during Manaslu / Narpu Valley trekking. During trekking; three meals a day will be served according to the tea house/lodge/ homestay menus. Everyday's dinner and breakfast are taken in the same place that we stay the night. Lunch will be taken in a tea shop on the way. Please know that the Manaslu region does not have a well-established tourist infrastructure as like as Annapurna or Everest region (and this is the main beauty of this region). I.e. variety of foods will not be available or possible on menu. We mainly eat Tibetan bread, dal bhat, tsampa porridge, fried potato, and other simple local organic foods.
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sun protection cream
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- Pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- Sleeping bags and Fleece sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Leaps care and moisturizer
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Water bottles
- Trekking pole
- Trekking shoes
- Thick and thin both type of socks
- Warm clothes
- Tissue, Toilet papers and Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Large plastic bags – to keep items dry inside the bag
- Towel etc…..
- Small Mats
- Travel games like Chess, Playing card etc.