Lower Manaslu Trekking
Lower Manaslu Trekking is famous for its ideal short trek in Nepal. This trail regards for the traveler with a unique experience of historic, religious, ecological and cultural perspective. Famous for the inhabitant of ex Gorkha army villages and lower Gorkha is very rich in culture and heritage itself. Generally, Chhetri, Brahman, Gurung, Ghale, Magar and some indigenous cast like Baram are major caste, Chhetri, Magar, Brahman and Baram lives in lowland likewise Gurung, Ghale lives in the middle of the land. Specially Chhetri, Braman and Gurung also Buddist Hindu and they celebrate Dashain, Tihar, Teej and may more festival. The Religious harmony is the great message for rest of world, Even Gurung, Ghale is Buddhist religious and they celebrate their own festivals like Losar (New Year) and many more festival.
Lower Manaslu Trekking region is blessed with beautiful mountains, waterfalls, wild animals, wild fruits and lakes as well as dashing landscape and sceneries. The Sunrise view from Dhurche Dada is stunning with 20 different mountains, including Manaslu Range, Langtang range, Annapurna range, Ganesh Himal, Singri Himal, and Buddha Himal. Producing local handcraft, keep the animal, working in Army and farming is their livelihood.
Exploring Lower Manaslu is known as knowing different Cultural programs with majestic untouched natural beauty. Every village has its distinct way of tradition, singing, dancing in Punchhe Baja, Shorati, Ghatu, Rodhi, sharing difficulties and happiness in the commune is unique existence now in Nepal.
Being an epicenter of divesting earthquake in 2015, Lower Manaslu Trekking regions cultural and natural beauty is still ideal for the traveler. We are eagerly waiting to invite you in our Homestay world. The itinerary below have the many possibilities of joining various trekking route of Manaslu region. The trek can be longer or shorter; depending on the length of your walking days and you’re desired. we design this trek to join wild Rubina la pass as much as in basic prices. In along the trail, until Rubinala pass finished and before to been Nake Phedi, we try to stay at home stay to reducing Camping Equipment and etc.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer your hotel.
Day 2: Kathmandu full day sightseeing and preparation day for Trekking.
Day 3: Driving 6 hours in Public/private jeep to Gorkha Bazar and city tour
Day 4: Gorkha vs Baluwa to Barpak Village 1915m 6 hours (exploring Gurung heritage Known as legendary of Gorkha army )
Day 5: Barpak to Laprak 2700m 6 hours walking
Day 6: Laprak to Nambe kharka 1 hour
Day 7: Nambai Kharka to Tallo thotneri 1685m hours Wake up early morning for Sunrise View from Dhurchee danda 3220m
Day 8: Tallo Thothenri to Deurali 6 hours
Note: This trip can be modified as per as your request.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel stays in Kathmandu on B/B Plan
- Full Board Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during trekking period
- Local Guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountains
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- A government license holder guide
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation and local tax for guides and porters
- Ground Transportation Charge while returning back to Kathmandu from the trekking destination
- All necessary staff with experienced leader (guide), and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits (ACAP, special permit for Manaslu/Nar Phu)
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Travel and rescue arrangements but prices
- All government taxes, VAT and service charges
- Farewell dinner prior to departure
- First Aid Kit
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for Trekking Staffs
- Any kind of Drinks and Liquors
- Personal shopping and laundry, Personal trekking equipments, Gifts and souvenirs
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips for activates and sightseeing if extended
- All items not listed in Cost included section
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Notes: Costs may prone to change in itinerary. So costs will be recalculated if the trekking/tours days get modified.
About Accommodations/Meals: All Meals on full board basis will be served during Manaslu / Narpu Valley trekking. During trekking; three meals a day will be served according to the tea house/lodge/ homestay menus. Everyday's dinner and breakfast are taken in the same place that we stay the night. Lunch will be taken in a tea shop on the way. Please know that the Manaslu region does not have a well-established tourist infrastructure as like as Annapurna or Everest region (and this is the main beauty of this region). I.e. variety of foods will not be available or possible on menu. We mainly eat Tibetan bread, dal bhat, tsampa porridge, fried potato, and other simple local organic foods.
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sun protection cream
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- Pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- Sleeping bags and Fleece sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Leaps care and moisturizer
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Water bottles
- Trekking pole
- Trekking shoes
- Thick and thin both type of socks
- Warm clothes
- Tissue, Toilet papers and Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Large plastic bags – to keep items dry inside the bag
- Towel etc…..
- Small Mats
- Travel games like Chess, Playing card etc.