Larkya peak climbing
Larkya peak climbing is in the Mansiri Himal range of Nepal. Manaslu trekking is open for foreigners since 1992. Larkya peak climbing is not technically difficult for climbing. Mountaineering association of Nepal (NMA) declared Mt. Larkya peak is in group “A” category. North larkya peak is very attractive though tricky and hard. Larkyapeak is known for the wonderful panoramic views. To admire the lofty mountaintop like Manaslu, Ganesh, Annapurna, Buddha, and Himalchuli. Larkya peak base camp is close to the Larkya La pass of 5,135 m and Lakya Phedi. Sano Larkya Peak can climb in a long day from this base camp. However, to climb North Larkya peak (6,249 m), a one-night high camp need. larkya peak climbing itinerary will lead to our local native experience climbing guides. Our Larkya peak itinerary is consciously designed as per the acclimatization rule to cope the side effect of High Altitude (AMS). We do run Manaslu circuit itinerary and larkya peak climbing at the base of price with quality service ensure. Before Lakyla climbing, we have to acclimatize in Larkya Phedi. Peak Larkyla has two different peaks. Both have different Hight.
We can approach from larkya base camp to the top of Sano Larkye(5807m). Sano Larkya offers medium level ice climbing and is possible to climb in one day. However, to climb Thulo Larkya one more high camp need. Also, it’s a bit difficult to climb than Sono larkya. But you could explore once after submitting Sano Larkya and then complete both peaks.
Thulo (Big) North Larkya Peak climbing (6,249m)
Thulo Peaklarkya is more challenging to climb. Including higher level of ice, and glacier climb. Therefore, middle camp needs to set up beyond North larkya base camp. To climb larkya peak up to the summit is quite steep and it takes 6-7 hours. Normally people prefer Sano Mt. Larkya peak for easily climb. There is an option for climbers is to make a high camp and then complete Larkya peaks once.
To Larkya peak climbing, we start our journey drive to Arkhet Bazaar. And follow the classic Manaslu circuit trek route. The trail passes through beautiful villages, river gorge of Budigandaki. Buddhist monasteries and last village of Samdo are major Attraction. Basically, one can experience the lifetime observation of Gurung community. Manaslu and Tsum valley trek continue northward passing through many villages of the Tibetan origin. From Dharamsala, we head towards base camp and undertake our climb to Larkya peak. Our Larkya peak climbing itinerary has been carefully designed by our climbing guide. Guide with an expert team to allow for gradual ascend and proper acclimatization. Best time for Larkya peak climbing is from March to May and September to December. Larkya la pass weather and Larkya peak climbing arrange need camping basic only. We do make Larkya peak climbing itinerary short and long according to your demand. After summiting Peak Larkyala, we can exchange our Larkyapeak picture.
Sano (small) Larkya Peak (5,807 m)
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Welcome to Nepal, upon your Nepal arrival our representative welcome at the airport.
Day 02: Kathmandu city tours and preparation for Larkya peak climbing.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Arkhet/SotiKhola (760m) 8h.
Day 04: Trek from Sotikhola to MachheKhola (820m). 6h.
Day 05: Trek from MachheKhola to Jagat (1360m) 6 hours
Day 06: Trek from Jagat to Deng (1590m).3h
Day 07: Trek from Deng to Ghap (2300m). 5/6h
Day 08: Trek from Ghap to Lho village (3180m). 6h
Day 09: Trek from Lho village to Samagaun (3360m). 5h
Day 10: Rest at SamaGaon for acclimatization.
Day 11: Trek from SamaGaon to Samdo (3780m). 4h
Day 12: Trek from Samdo to Dharamsala. (4400m) 4h
Day 13-16: Larkya Peak Climbing period
Day 17: Summit the Larkya Peak then back to base camp.
Day 18: Trek from Base Camp to Bimtang (3630m) via Larkya pass (5160m) 6/7h
Day 19: Trek from Bimtang to Dharapani (2240m). 7/8h
Day 20: Drive from Jagat to Besisahar Jeep then Besisahar to Kathmandu, By Bus evening farewell dinner.
Day 21: We will transfer to airport for your onward destination.
- All airport/hotel/airport transfers
- 3 night’s hotel (3 stars) in Kathmandu in BB plan
- Climbing permits for Larkya Peak, national park fees, government taxes
- Nights in available tea house/lodges on trekking
- Full board meals on trekking and climbing to/from BC
- 25 kg personal equipment per person is allowed
- Porters as necessary for the whole program
- Tent with mattress for Basecamp and high camp use
- 1 kitchen tent, 1 dining tent, lighting, gas heating,
- 1 climbing Sherpa/ guide, 1 cook, and necessary staff
- Salary, allowance insurances for staff
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip)
- Group climbing equipment fix ropes, ice crew etc.
- All transportation as per itinerary
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali restaurant with cultural dance show
- Government taxes, vat and office service charge
- International air ticket and airport taxes
- Lunch and dinner while staying in Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Personal Trekking Equipment for trek
- Gamow bag (altitude chamber) or oxygen
- Personal climbing guide
- All expenses of personal nature like bar and beverages bills, telephone calls etc
- Personal Travel insurance
- Staffs tips
- All not mentioned in cost includes
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sun protection cream
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- Pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- Sleeping bags and Fleece sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Leaps care and moisturizer
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Water bottles
- Trekking pole
- Trekking shoes
- Thick and thin both type of socks
- Warm clothes
- Tissue, Toilet papers and Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Large plastic bags – to keep items dry inside the bag
- Towel etc…..
- Small Mats
- Travel games like Chess, Playing card etc.