Gorkha Short trek
Gorkha short trek in lower Manaslu is the best scenario with culturally based short trek in Nepal. Gorkha tour via Manakamana Temple is a short vacation excursion, taking to historic western part of Nepal. Gorkha’s small town west part of Nepal is perhaps the most important historical town. There is hilltop fort of King Prithvi Narayan Shah and Hindu temple royal places of the historical king. Who has attempted to unify the independent states of Nepal, a wildly ambitious project and succeeded due to his brilliance and effectiveness with locally recruited troops of Nepal in Nepali history. Including many scenic mountain Langtang range, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna and Ganesh Himal, the historical monument Gorkha short tour takes you to the most sacred place of Hindu Manakamana temple and Gorkha palace. Gorkha short trek is surrounding by Stunning mountain scenario, every early morning, cultural, history and culture atmosphere of Royal Destiny evokes the perfect Nepal.
Gorkha short trek is based on the historical place in Nepal. From the Gorkha where unification modern era of Nepal was started by King Prithivi, Temple of Manakamana (wish fulfilling deity), temples of great sage ‘Gorakhnath’ and goddess Gorakh Kali are widely recognized shrines in Hinduism.Hindus believe that the goddess Bhagwati, an incarnation of Parvati, has the power to grant wishes. The current priest at the temple is the beginning of 17th generation descendant of Lakhan Thapa’s generation. Manakamana is only one of very few of its kind of temples where the priest is from Magar community has performed rituals programs every day. Pilgrim sacrifice a goat or free pigeon according to their vow as their wishes are fulfilled. It is also a chance to explore Gorkha short trek with remote village lifestyle as well culture and hospitality.
The major attraction of Gorkha short tour: Ancient Gorkha City, Wish-fulfilling Goddess Manakamana Mai Temple, Nepal’s only one Cable Car but besides that, we could explore beautiful village two days hike, besides Bandipur overnight stay Majestic Himalayan scenery, Siddha Cave, and Silk Farm. Pokhara sightseeing, and lots of other day activities in nearby Pokhara hill. One day rafting in Tirsuli River and direct to Chitwan for jungle safari.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350m)
We welcome you to the arrival lounge of Kathmandu airport, then you will be transferred to your hotel,
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing tour
we take you to the cultural world heritage sites of Kathmandu under the guidance of professional city guide. World heritage site of Nepal Buddhist stupas, KathamdnuSwyambunath and Bouddhanath, Pashupatinath and a palace Kathmandu Durbar square
Day 03: Drive to Kurintar via Manakamana trek to Baskot (1,170m)
We start early mornKathmanduby Bus towards west to Kurintar (103km distance, about 3 hours drive). Kurintar has Cable car station, the Cable car rides over the distance of 2.8kms in 8 minutes more or less. After lunch, we start trek towards the village of Baskot (1,170m, 4 hours trek overnight at Baskot homestay)
Day 04: Trek to Gorkha bazaar via LakhanThapa village.
After breakfast we start trek towards Gorkha Bazaar we can see Nepal’s first martyr LakhanThapa statue and visit his village and cave. While we been Gorkha rest of the day; explore the town, visit Gorkha museum, Gorkha palace etc.
Day 05: Hike to the palace of Gorkha in the morning. The hill offers magnificent view mountains and back to Kathmandu 6 hours by jeep/bus.
· All ground transfer as per itinerary
· Hotel in Kathmandu on BB basis (Hotel standardly is as per your choice)
· All accommodation and meals during trekking
· Cable car transfer fee
· Sightseeing tour as per itinerary
· English speaking tour guide
· Entrance fees to monuments and temples of out of Kathmandu valley
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (except welcome dinner)
- Expenses of personal nature (Bar bill, laundry, telephone bill, bottled water etc.)
- Nepal visa fee
- Tip for your guide
- Extra Above not mentions
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sun protection cream
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- Pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- Sleeping bags and Fleece sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Leaps care and moisturizer
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Water bottles
- Trekking pole
- Trekking shoes
- Thick and thin both type of socks
- Warm clothes
- Tissue, Toilet papers and Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Large plastic bags – to keep items dry inside the bag
- Towel etc…..
- Small Mats
- Travel games like Chess, Playing card etc.